Dry Garden Faucet

Photo by ©Omar Upegui R.

5 thoughts on “Dry Garden Faucet”

  1. Hola Omar,
    Here is another one of those English tangle of terms subjects. This item according to Wiki:

    Interior water taps are commonly found in the bathroom and kitchen. Exterior spigot (also known as a “shut-off valve”, “hose hydrant”, “hose bib”, or “silcock”) A tap (also spigot or faucet: see usage variations) is a valve controlling the release of a liquid or gas.

    No wonder plumbers get paid so much; having to remember all those names gets expensive.

    1. Morning Jim:

      That’s exactly what I mean, Jim. Why not make the language plain and simple to use? As you said, you have to be a rocket scientist to rememer all these obscure terms just to work with a simple plumbing device which I called faucet. Now I don’t know how to call it.

      How would you call this device in Texas?

      I loved your comment that depicts the craziness of the language which I vent and ramp about now and then.

      Enjoy this beautiful day. It’s really nice outside. The sky is a soft orange towards the East at 07:04 a.m.



      1. I just call it a faucet, same as you, Omar, but then I’m not a plumber. 🙂

        I have also always called a rake a rake…until I stepped on one in the dark!

        We have been having some great weather as well; not summer, not winter.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s