Fresh statistics have been released into the wild by Net Applications for August 2013. Net Applications’ statistics are based on the activity of about 160 million visitors per month to Web sites using its services.
These are the latest figures on the performance of the behemoths of the Internet as far as web browsing is concerned.
- Internet Explorer: 57.60 – 56.61 = 0.99 percent
- Firefox: 18.88 – 18.29 = 0.59 percent
- Chrome: 16.00 – 17.76 = 1.76 percent
- Safari: 5.59 – 5.42 = 0.17 percent
- Opera: 1.53 – 1.49 = 0.04 percent
- Others: 0.41 – 0.43 = 0.02 percent
If you take a wide view of the new statistics, you will immediately notice that the clear loser in global market share last month, was Google Chrome sliding back 1.76 points which is huge. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are gaining ground.
At last Steve Ballmer can say he was doing something right, even though he was shown the way to the door.
Safari and Opera are just hanging in there. Not much activity on their camp. Good Day.