November is considered by its inhabitants as, “el mes de la patria” (the month of the motherland). There are several important dates related to the political independence of the Republic of Panama during this month.
- November 3, 1903: Separation of Panama from Colombia.
- November 4, 1903: Day of the Panama flag.
- November 5, 1903: Day of the City of Colón on the Atlantic Side, instrumental in the separation of Panama from Colombia.
- November 10, 1821: First shout of independence by Rufina Alfaro against the Spaniards at La Villa de los Santos.
- November 28, 1821: Independence of Panama from Spain with the courage and the sword of The Liberator, Simón Bolívar from Venezuela.
It is a month celebrated with bands, fireworks, parades and patriotic decorations throughout the country. It is a very special month for the proud citizens of this narrow piece of land in the middle of the world. “Que Viva la Patria!” Good Day.