The single most modern bus terminal in Panama is located adjacent to Albrook Mall Shopping Center near the Albrook Airport. During Christmas, Carnivals and Easter Week this place is busier than a bee hive.
The design and construction of the Grand Bus Terminal was carried out with a futuristic vision and its operation was an important contribution to the organization of passenger transport thus improving the quality of life of thousands of Panamanians who use its services daily.
Its more than 70,000 square meters have provided the most efficient flow of people, as well as security and comfort to both local and international visitors.
This central terminal covers all passenger land and international routes to Central America and Mexico.
Amongst its main features are:
- Comfortable air-conditioned ample waiting rooms.
- Computer-controlled equipment to ensure continuous and orderly flow of vehicles and passengers.
- Areas designated for luggage storage.
- Two spacious food courts.
- Numerous shops with all kinds of merchandise to satisfy the most demanding shopper.
- Police stations, nurse and first aid centers, as well as excellent Information Centers to help confused or lost passengers.
- Large parking lots with adequate police protection.
- Direct access to Albrook Mall, with cover more than 150 thousand square meters of shopping outlets.
Below are several pictures of the Terminal Nacional de Transporte (National Transportation Terminal) in Panama City, Panama. Here we go.
I had the intentions of covering more areas of this magnificent building, but the security guards were banning taking photographs inside the premises. I couldn’t get from them any gesture of cooperation, so I had to store my camera with resignation.
Lately authorities are very nervous about picture taking at banks, buildings and commercial sites. I hope they calm down as days pass. I need to take pictures for my blog. Good Day.