The Opera Developing Team has announced the availability of Opera 9.51 early this morning. They have really worked hard to upgrade this search engine that could.
These are the latest security and stability changes made to Opera 9.51 according to Opera’s website:
- Fine-tuned the new Opera skin.
- Improved drag/drop of tabs.
- Fixed problems with search engines when upgrading from Opera 9.2x.
- Fixed a stability issue when printing or when in print preview.
- Added an option to toggle mouse flips in opera:config (User Prefs – Enable Mouse Flips).
- Textarea inputs now clear when no-cache is set.
- Saving of images is no longer recorded in transfers.
- Feeds now show the first time when you subscribe.
- Corrected a stability issue that could occur when clicking the drop-down to switch views.
- Adjusted thread expanding in Mail when receiving new messages.
- Corrected a problem where multiple views (access points) show for the same account.
Display and Scripting
- Corrected a stability issue with User JS.
- Style sheets now load when navigating in history.
window.close()now functions after invoking a context menu and when closing Opera Dragonfly.
- Fixed an issue where
<canvas>functions could reveal data from random places in memory, as reported by Philip Taylor. See our advisory.
- Fixed an issue that could be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Billy Rios. Details will be disclosed at a later date.
- Security status is now correctly set when navigating from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Corrected an issue related to OCSP and CRLs that would lower security.
- Note: This will take effect with the weekly update, or when checking manually for an update (Help > Check for Updates).
- Corrected a stability issue with Yahoo! Mail.
- TinyMCE 2.1.x editor now works properly.
- Printing of chat items has been improved.
- Reconnection of the IRC client has been adjusted and improved.
- Menus on deviantart.com now work properly.
- Eliminated unwanted line breaks in rich text editors.
- Fixed a resource leak in the transfer window that could cause visual paint problems and other related problems.
- Command line parameters must now be specified before any URLs on the command line.
If you’re interested in using this latest release, please click here. Good Day!