Norwegian Opera desktop Web browsing software
After lots of late night testing and bug fixing, the Opera Desktop Team announced the release of Opera 9.5 Web browser. Opera 9.5 is a recommended security and stability upgrade. See the Security section. This release also introduces new storage and indexing formats for Opera Mail (including feeds). See the Mail/News section.
What’s new in Opera 9.5? This is what the Opera Desktop Team said:
- Opera is now available in 29 languages, 6 more than in 9.27 and more are coming.
- The number of Opera users has more than doubled since the release of 9.0.
- We fixed a new record of bugs, including 2,350 showstoppers.
- IMAP is up to 4 times as fast in 9.5 than in 9.2.
- Almost 500.000 of you were already using betas of 9.5.
- Opera Link synchronizes your bookmarks, Speed Dial, and notes between Opera on different computers, and even links to Opera Mini on your mobile.
- Enhanced address bar searches your entire browsing history, including the contents of each page.
- Security enhancements: malware protection, improved fraud protection, and support for Extended Validation SSL Certificates.
- New rendering engine with improved site compatibility and performance.
- Opera Dragonfly, the long-awaited tools for web developers.
- New skin.
If you are interested in finding out everything new after the release of previous Opera 9.27, please click here. I have to admit that I’m not a fan of Opera, since many of the websites that I use on a regular basis do not render properly. However, if you are satisfied with this quick browser and want to have its latest version, please click here to download and install it.